God's Love, Protection,
This lesson will help children see how God watches over us and protects
Bulletin Board Idea: Showers
|AS KIDS ARRIVE (10 minutes)
| As children arrive ask them to sit on the floor in front of you.
Ask them the following questions:
1. Can you help me name some people that have jobs to protect us?
(Firemen, Policemen, Doctors.)
2. How do each of these people help protect us? (Fire, Bad Guys, Sickness.)
3. Would it be scary if we didn't have people to protect us? (Allow for answers.)
Next, tell the kids that our best help and protection comes from our
heavenly Father. God protects those who love and follow Him. With
God protecting us we never have to worry.
|WORSHIP TIME (5 minutes)
Further info? Click here
|BIBLE VERSE (7 minutes)
|"All you who fear the Lord, trust the Lord! He is your helper and your shield." Psalm 115:11 NLT
Explain to the kids that God watches over His children and protects
them. God never sleeps nor slumbers so He can protect us when we sleep
and when we are awake.
|BIBLE STORY (15 minutes)
|Today we will learn that God protects those who love
Him. He covers them with a blanket of protection and His favor is
like a mighty shield that surrounds His children.
Read Psalm 5:11-12
1. What do you think refuge means? (shelter, protection, place
2. What should we do now that we know God protects His children?
(Be glad and sing for joy)
3. What does the scripture says that God spreads over those who love
4. God surrounds us with His favor like a ____________? (Shield)
5. What is another word that we can use for favor? (kindness,
6 . Is there anyone or anything that can protect us better than God
|FUN TIME (20 minutes)
|Jesus Pillow (Craft) Click here
|ALTERNATE FUN TIME (10 minutes)
|Warmth of the Cross (Game)
|PRAYER/SNACK (10 minutes) Further
|Start by praying to God and thanking Him for His loving kindness
and for helping us grow. Just as God provided the snack for us today,
He will provide the other things we need throughout the day.
|As the children wait to be picked up, talk to them about the many
different ways in which God protects us. God gives us good food to
eat and nice places to live. He gives us love and wisdom. He gave
us His Word the Bible so that we can learn more about Him.
|Come back next week to hear how God made each one of us special.
|TAKE HOME PAGE
|Give one copy to each child at the end of the class to take home. Click here